2008年10月22日 星期三

Why the hatred for Jamie Oliver? His ideas are pukka

Name: Freya 翁(49712063)

Reaction Article#4

Date:22/10/2008

From:UK Guardian

Why the hatred for Jamie Oliver? His ideas are pukka

Though I don’t know the incident the report is commenting about for I don’t know UK and Jamie Oliver well. But I did see him on “Travel & Living” channel teaching cooking. I enjoy learning cooking from him in that he reversed my idea that cooking shows are all boring; instead, he explains the process in a catchy way that you pick it up without memorizing the process. Besides, the way he behaves is so nature that you won’t feel you are watching a show but watching a friendly cook showing you how to cook in front of you. That’s really pleasant, and you would get interested in cooking, thanks to his being influential in a natural way. And I really made some delicious spaghetti by following what he told, it was really delicious.
The things I know about him are that he’s a famous cook in UK and runs restaurants, also hosts some TV show and published some books. I felt sorry for Jamie Oliver learning this news. How come should a kind man treated rudely by some specific people who have false viewpoint and have poor judgment. It’s even worse that those people should attack him with twisted reasons including his craving money, which neglect his good intension that he wants to let English people have more healthy diet and let them appreciate what we eat and how we cook; he raise celebrity craze of the public, however people who are wise respect him with good reason and he surely deserves his fame.
It’s sad that sometimes people just would do cruel actions, even in such developed country as UK. I see how terribly human’s dark side influences the society. I hope that the English who have false bias toward him would recognize the truth soon and support Jamie Oliver’s ideas which bring progress to UK’s society.

沒有留言: