2009年5月11日 星期一

MY OPINOIN ON THE FACEBOOK

I'm old-school. I don't agree with the friendship via any kind of social website such as Facebook. I say so because I actually use Myspace and Facebook, but I gradually sense the emptiness and distance that alienate the users. The reason lies in that the so-called "intimate feeling" is only one sided--to know the trifle of others while not really interacting with each other.As described in the journal."I know her sledding expedition and what she'd cooked for that big birthday dinner."Even you do have close friends on the website, there's barely any emotional connection exist.Unlike real life, it doesn't hurt to lose one "friend" there, because there's no emotional bound.It really disappoints me that the emotion and care for people are even digitalized. Just like what it says, "the constant stream of data is a digital form of closeness." The users are only confusing the friendship with sensation. We see the self satisfaction clearly here,"it makes me feel like I have a grip on my world".There's no exchange of thought, feelings, but what to satisfy one's own need of belonging.This form of connection ultimately brings melancholy to the users, for it's impossible to develop real one through the lifeless Internet. I can only reckon the convenience of connecting, having the premise of distance.But to develop friendship or maintain friendship by the network as Facebook is only fake, in that human connection barely exists.

沒有留言: